[Ssf] meeting tonight

Jase spodulike at freeuk.com
Fri Oct 8 02:57:31 BST 2004

Good brainstorm, couple o' notes. I'm going to put out an announcement when
this stuff is ironed out promoting SSF as well as general info. A leaflet will
also be produced for the coaches etc, I'll dump a load in Blue Moon on Monday
eve to be picked up by peeps if that sounds ok, could drop off elsewhere
centrally but there may be a charge (whining, moaning, ow my feet hurt, that
kinda thing:) all ideas welcome

===================
PRACTICAL ESF STUFF

Found a nice page for cheap hostels:
http://www.londonnet.co.uk/ln/guide/accomm/budget_hostels.html
We decided to direct Sheffield people to Generator (featured on above link)
for accomodation as it still has rooms and is well locate, bit pricey for some
tho' so if you have alternatives...

Thought could have a meeting point for sheffield people in the local social
forum space, Conway Hall - but local forum stuff will not be there much
anyways, so should it be Conway on Fri morn and Clement House for rest, or
just Clement or what?
Wouldn't want to comit to being at the LSF space for both days, would be good
to have a focal point tho etc.

The mobilising committee still had tickets on Wed eve so should have them at
the do at SIF on brown st 4-9pm on Sat, go to
http://www.mobilisesheffield-esf.org.uk/ for the details. The booking line
doesn't seem too responsive but that could just be our faceless automated age.

===================
LEAFLET STUFF

One side about SSF in relation to ESF, practical info for ESF. Stuff about
local forums, how we want to forge links with other local forum.

On other side had a few suggestions for upcoming activities:
Conference on welfare cuts
Conference on environmental health inc Anti-incinerator campaign, Tinsley
Triangle (road pollution)
Speakeasy at the Democracy Cafe (1st Tues every month at Blue Moon, open forum
for subversive talk)
Street Theatre (with plug for debt protest)
Drum writing group, Creative Action Network as once was and could be:?)

Details on next meet. Contact no.

===================
WHERE IS NEXT MEETING?

Kinda forgot this one, it should be somewhere we could commit for the next few
meetings anyways. There was discussion and was decided Sharrow Community
Centre is perfect as a place but not as a location, too out of the way. To
have decent meetings a central location is massively preferable, or even one
which is just in a brighter area e.g. London Rd, Ecclesall Rd, West St...
hmmm... Rutland was booked for Thursdays, but what about Tuesday, or even
Monday (not a good day to meet really but it can work), Wednesdays tend to be
busy etc. Perhaps a bit much to ask to get this sorted at short notice, unless
there are any brain waves in the wings...

Also thought there should be food, and maybe music, but definitely food..

AOB

Also for Dan and anyone interested in a locals eye view of the invasion of
Iraq:  http://afamilyinbaghdad.blogspot.com/
Scroll past the arabic to get to the english translation.
And a pre-plug for About Baghdad (www.aboutbaghdad.com) which will be showing
at the Showroom on the 3rd of November at 7pm or thereabouts.

At ESF I shall mostly be at... Radical Theory Forum (RTF), local social forum
space, Life Despite Capitalism (?), Carnival Forum, random subvertising if I
can get my arse in gear... see you there!!!