[Ssf] esf leaflet

Jase spodulike at freeuk.com
Sat Oct 9 00:41:09 BST 2004

Hello, leaflet text follows, thought I'd run it by for an editing type comment
thing. Will get three to four per page although will have to try it at work
really. Please add details, especially for what we are doing, but bear in mind
there's little room on the word count. Oh and the paragraph spaces are not
optional as that's in the layout of the flyer. Will be printing these out on
Monday Eve so all amendments to the editor by then:)

A couple of comments on this process...
have used "democracy cafe", rather than "speakeasy at the democracy cafe", it
was just long-winded, don't mind "speakeasy cafe", but the combination is
clunky, especially when followed by directions.
not sure what our contact email address is, still the riseup one?
put the wiki on rather than the website cos I can't remember the last time the
website was up, is this a problem we could address by changing host or summat?
and meeting space has remained same.

SIDE ONE

Taking it's inspiration from the aims of the World and European Social Forums,
the Sheffield Social Forum is an open space for talk and action. From protests
on debt to workshops on the environment the forum works to bring groups and
people together. The Sheffield Social Forum is not a party, there are no
leaders or doctrine, everyone's voice is equal. We are making links with local
social forums across the UK and Europe discussing how we as part of
communities split by government and greed, can make another world a reality

Several people from the Sheffield Social Forum will be at the Local Social
Forum open space in the Solidarity village. Come down and say hello!
Conway Hall (Red Lion Square)
Friday 10-11:45am
Room 202, Clement House (LSE, Aldwych)
Friday evening and all day Saturday

SIDE TWO

The Sheffield Social Forum has meetings at 7:30pm on the 1st and 3rd Thursdays
of every month at Sharrow Community Hall on John St. The meetings involve
talking about what the people there want to do or achieve, and how the group
can help organise to do it. You can do as much or as little as you want and
take part in whatever you want.

For open talk on topics serious, political, tabloid and surreal come to the
Democracy Café, 1st Tuesday every month at the Blue Moon Café (James St)
Forthcoming actions around the forum include a conference on welfare cuts, an
anti-incinerator campaign, a debt campaign and street theatre. To find out
more email sheffieldsocialforum at riseup.net or phone 07986 426777 or go to
wiki.sheffieldsocialforum.org.uk - this world is yours as much as anyone's, so
have your say!