[Ssf] esf leaflet

atw againstthewar at totalserve.co.uk
Sat Oct 9 14:30:08 BST 2004

Seems pretty good Jase. I've made a few suggestions below. Also
overall I think it needs some headings. There seem to be 3 areas: SSF
at the ESF, About SSF and Democracy Cafes. I think if these 3 areas
were clearly headed it might be a bit clearer.

cheers

steve

Jase> Taking it's inspiration from the aims of the World and European Social Forums,

Just say: Inspired by the World and European Social Forums... (bit
shorter)

You could also add the local ones too as we were definitely inspired
by them.

Jase> the Sheffield Social Forum is an open space for talk and action. From protests
Jase> on debt to workshops on the environment the forum works to bring groups and
Jase> people together. The Sheffield Social Forum is not a party, there are no
Jase> leaders or doctrine, everyone's voice is equal. We are making links with local
Jase> social forums across the UK and Europe discussing how we as part of
Jase> communities split by government and greed, can make another world a reality

Jase> Several people from the Sheffield Social Forum will be at the Local Social
Jase> Forum open space in the Solidarity village. Come down and say hello!
Jase> Conway Hall (Red Lion Square)
Jase> Friday 10-11:45am
Jase> Room 202, Clement House (LSE, Aldwych)
Jase> Friday evening and all day Saturday

Jase> SIDE TWO

Jase> The Sheffield Social Forum has meetings at 7:30pm on the 1st and 3rd Thursdays
Jase> of every month at Sharrow Community Hall on John St.

Could add (by Bramall Lane football ground)

Jase> The meetings involve talking about what the people there want to
Jase> do or achieve,

It's a bit long. Could just say:

Discussion is about what people want to do or achieve

OR

Discussion is focused on what people want to do or achieve

Jase>  and how the group
Jase> can help organise to do it. You can do as much or as little as you want and
Jase> take part in whatever you want.

Jase> For open talk on topics serious, political, tabloid and surreal come to the
Jase> Democracy Café, 1st Tuesday every month at the Blue Moon Café (James St)
Jase> Forthcoming actions around the forum include a conference on welfare cuts, an
Jase> anti-incinerator campaign, a debt campaign and street theatre. To find out
Jase> more email sheffieldsocialforum at riseup.net or phone 07986 426777 or go to
Jase> wiki.sheffieldsocialforum.org.uk - this world is yours as much as anyone's, so
Jase> have your say!