[Ssf] On the Victory Parade...

Dan dan at aktivix.org
Fri Oct 29 14:48:32 BST 2004

Hi again,

I'm gonna go with the folks who weren't sure about doing the victory
parade on Saturday...

Resources - people, time - is a big problem for us at the minute.  I
think we can build up, but we should give ourselves much more time to do
things, and plan them properly so that we can do them with the resources
that we have.

I personally really like the idea of doing something when the
President's inaugurated in January.  We could really build to a big -
and positive - event that involved palestinian groups, trade justice
campaigners as well as anti-war folk and street theatre.  Trying to do
anything worth doing by Saturday is... unrealistic.  But it's still a
fantastic idea!

Sorry to be Mr. Realism:  again, I don't think we should be doing
anything that's gonna end up being a damp squib.  (What IS a squib
anyway?)  Coz it'll just demoralise us further!

Thoughts?  From the vast array of contributing people out there?  (Who
don't spend all their day obsessively checking e-mail when they should
be getting on with their work... I think I may have to go to
e-mail-a-holics anonymous.... ! )

Dan

--
07968 997861
0114 2412723

The true meaning of life is to plant trees,
under whose shade you do not expect to sit.