[Ssf] Gig - change of plan!

dan at aktivix.org dan at aktivix.org
Tue Sep 21 11:44:20 BST 2004

Hia folks,

Unless anyone strongly objects, me n Kev have conspired to cancel the Gig that
was planned for a week Thursday.  Reasons:

1. It's too soon, and realistically we won't get it organised by then.

2. There's actually no reason to have it before the ESF, and every reason to
have it after the ESF.  Anyone coming along would already know about the ESF -
and if they didn't, a gig isn't the place to introduce them to it anyway!
Particularly not one where there's only three other people!

So a) a gig of some sort is a good idea, but b) we were thinking we'd do it
after the ESF as a kind of 'bring the focus back to the local' thing.

A little additional blarb from me:

The ESF will come and go, and we'll still be where we were when we started -
which is, as so many people argued at the very first meeting all those moons
ago, that Sheffield issues is what the SSF should be about.

(Just to add: local issues can be the best way of getting into many of the
global issues that lie behind them...)

See ya,

Dan