[ssf] Sheff constituencies & fund raising ideas

@mparo robin_amparo at tiscali.co.uk
Wed Feb 9 17:15:52 GMT 2005

Hi I am pasting up Phil's message from no2id because you might give us a
hand. We are so late.
The URL he mentions takes us to a very interesting page quite useful to
check all MPs including Sheffield constituencies,
where our MPs seem to be overwhelmingly supportive of ID cards (only
exception Richard Allan).
So there we are, saw Sheffield Against the War ad , they have a fund
raising event (hip hop concert) at Royal Institute for the Blind on the
11th February from 7 pm, (4pounds), so just why couldn't this idea be
used also for
getting the printed rag, (i 've been following the exchange with r7, imc
Sheffield,), so the money could come from some other source rather than
from the rag itself. (fringy?)

and today is also ASH WEDNESDAY
and tomorrow is the Islamic New Year

:)) many ashy hugs

amp

  Some last minute pressure
> applied by constituents to anyone who voted for the Bill last time
> would be good, but the trick is going to be getting those who simply
> didn't show up at Second Reading to turn out at Third Reading and
> vote against...
>
> This is something that will require lobbying BEFORE the 10th - if
> they're not in the House on the day, they won't be voting either way!
>

> For info on which way MPs voted (or didn't) at Second Reading, check
> out http://www.no2id.net/mp_votes.php?display=constituency. All the
> Labour MPs from Sheffield voted for, of course :¬(

The ones protecting our liberties are NONE but Richard Allan, apparently

> Rt Hon Richard Caborn  	Lab  	Sheffield Central  	for

Mr Clive Betts> Lab 	Sheffield, Attercliffe 		for

Rt Hon David Blunkett 	Lab	Sheffield, Brightside 	for

Mr Richard Allan 	LD 	Sheffield, Hallam		 against

Ms Meg Munn 	Lab/Co-op 	Sheffield, Heeley 	for

Helen Jackson	> Lab 	Sheffield, Hillsborough 	for

Paddy Tipping 	Lab 	Sherwood 	for