[ssf] Sheff constituencies & fund raising ideas

Dan dan at aktivix.org
Wed Feb 9 18:23:38 GMT 2005

Absolutely agree!  Sadly, we can't do a damn thing (scuse me) til we
have an account to be able to pay into.  (Since, quite rightly, some
people might be a little circumspect about paying in to an individual's
account...!)

Once we've done that... well, ha ha!

The other thing I wanted to get done before that happened was a *very
sparse* set of policy documents - not ones that said anything about
SSF's political direction, but only about how decisions are made over
money.  It would include some of these key points:

*Control of spending is done following the SSF guidelines for
decision-making (er, I've got a draft of that somewhere...)
*Affiliates / donators will get no extra say because of moneys donated

To this end, I've started a policy documents page on the WIKI.  I've
tried to ensure that this page is clear that policy cannot be made 'on
the hoof', and how important the cycle of draft and meeting approval
is.  Is that OK with people?

http://wiki.sheffieldsocialforum.org.uk/Policydocs

Thoughts on a postcard to...

see ya.