[ssf] To talk about the BOM

Dan dan at aktivix.org
Mon Feb 14 18:43:47 GMT 2005

Hi!

1. Alice and me are going to view the venue at 6 o'clock tomorrow
(Tuesday).  It would *great* if anyone else wanted to come along, so's
we could decide how it's going to work.  It is *definitely* getting
close!  If anyone can come along, I'd love you forever.  If you don't
know where it is, or want to arrange to meet after we've viewed it,
gimme a call: 07968 997861

I'm in the process of scribbling down a draft doc about organisation,
but just a quick word on this meeting:

a. I see it as a mini-social forum.  We're providing warm, relaxing
space for communication and networking.  If it works, we could do them
once a quarter or something.

b. But I'm also hoping it's going to get the SSF ball over the top of
the hill, and rolling a little under it's own steam (e.g. continuous
things like the monthly events announcement - a skeleton around which
the SSF's flesh hangs...!)  After the 17th, I'm sincerely hoping to stop
being so bloody pushy.  I wanna have more of a 'support' role, in the
hope that SSF itself will have enough inertia to keep going... more
about that another time, though.

2. Ruth from Brambles has kindly offered to make some food.  The venue
has a kitchen, which we can use for a small sum (£5 I think - again,
thank you Alice for chasing this up!)

3. After all this time, I still seem to have the organisational skills
of a dead fruitbat. Practice makes perfect? Bah!

Hopefully see some of yez tomorrow! Or in fact today, for those of you
who don't obsessively check your e-mail and for whom it is currently
Tuesday.

Peace
Dan
----