[ssf] 17th: Call for help and proposed structure

Dan dan at aktivix.org
Tue Feb 15 23:03:34 GMT 2005

Hi!

Some things on Thursday's meeting -

Me n Alice checked out the venue - very nice!

Me n Dave sat down n wiffled about the structure - came up with the
following.  We thought that the two-session idea some of us had before
was too un-relaxed and rushed - we want people to have a pleasant time,
and the slow start is only realistic.

We *really* need more input on this - e.g. I have a bad feeling about
the way we're breaking groups up here.

So - Alice has offered for some of us to work more on this just before
the event on Thursday, after about 4 I think.  (Alice - is this right?)

We could *really* do with some good minds on this one.  The BOM has been
non-structured; it's very open - and we need to make that work.  Thus,
on Thursday, before the meeting, we need a small team of people who know
what to do.  Volunteers *please*!  Either phone me - 07968 997861 - or
e-mail the list.

Comments please on me n Dave's proposed structure -

7.00 - 7.30: turning up, welcoming people, handing them the intro and
feedback form (coming up), drinking tea, mingling, wibbling at each other
7.30 - 8.00:

Intro from the main facilitator: explaining structure
followed by *brief* campaigns and events info from 6 or 7 groups:
quickly finalise groups (hopefully we finish before 8 on this, but good
to leave the space... we'll say to aim for 7.45)

8.00 - 8.45: Break into groups - some new groupings should appear from
the intros, but here's some to start with -

1. G8 Sheffield plans - someone from PiP, MPH, SSF, general G8...?
2. Creative Action stuff, inc. street art plans
3. No2ID
4. Communications - starting a newsletter, announcements listings,
website (this is the one I want to do, but may have to flit a bit!)
5. Intro group for people new to all this - to talk, with facilitator,
about who they are, what they might like to do, what SSF is - "but if ya
wanna get stuck in, get stuck in..."
5. Whatever else people want to do

8.45 - 9.15: Break, food, tea, mingle - talk to others who you might
want to do stuff with.
9.15 - 9.30: feedback n finish up