[ssf] Re: Announcements...

robin&amparo robin_amparo at tiscali.co.uk
Wed Feb 23 20:18:59 GMT 2005

> I thought it was going to be a) approved at SSF meetings, e.g. next
>> Thursday, before being sent out and b) sent out through the riseup.net
>> announcement account, which you're not signed up to yet, are you?

b) sent out through the riseup.net
 > announcement account
Well, it has not been created yet, has it?
But definetely yes i was expecting a web facility for the announcement
list. OK

  Who
 > are you intending to send it out to?
b) no, no the question is here who are WE intending to send it out to?
get a list of recipients as well.

c) dont' you think "Bulletin" is better than "announcement list". I vote
for "Bulletin".

d) You are talking about 2 different things below, (a content's section
+ an event listing.) OK, it entails a bit more work.
Each item could be in
 > what/when/where/contact format. E.g.
 >
 > THIS MONTH'S EVENT HEADLINES:
 >
 >  > 'Why don't you?' Sheffield Social Forum open meeting // Thur 17th Feb
 > 7.30pm // St.Andrew's Church Hall, Hanover Way // phone 07968 997861

e) i' ll stick to format what/when/etc for events. OK

But
 > because of this, should we split it into 'Sheffield events' and wider
 > stuff? Coz I thought it was meant originally to be for Sheffield people
 > mainly? It's a bloody big job trying to do a regional events list -
 > worthwhile, but bloody big!

f) I vote for a "regional" or "northern" list, a Monthly Northern
Bulletin, even if it entails more work. Reasons: 1. Of course Sheffield-
only events are highlighted and already occupy most of bulletin
relatively speaking. 2. Making it "Regional" allows for more potential
contacts and networking. 3. It allows for good maps. 4. Once a model or
template has been created, same organizations will continue sending
events: not so much work then.

g) what about the calendar? Needs to be created.
Privacy policy.
Copyright notice.
Disclaimer notice.
(more or less standard, i vote for adding these as well).

h) e mail is confusing. better discuss it.

@mp