[ssf] G8 - openness and planning thoughts...

@mparo robin_amparo at tiscali.co.uk
Fri Feb 25 02:05:33 GMT 2005

1. Openness
>  2. Convergence center and counter-conference 3. Youth engagement 4.
>  Street event
5. Advice, support and solidarity to others

>  I think if SSF takes an open stance then that in a way solves the
>  non-violence thing. People who want to go down that route go
>  elsewhere.

Of course I would agree to non-violent, peaceful resistance approach
from the very beginning of any preparations. But

"People who want to go down that route" as Jase says,  won't go
elsewhere, I mean, they will be here, in Sheffield if not inside the SF,
they are a part of the situation, as a whole...

And they will be exposing themselves to great danger and risk, in
particular under present bills and acts. They will be doing this for our
sake, too, (needs discussing and email is confusing), even if not
wanted. And a safety net is needed here, if we (the peaceful huddle so
to speak) are to be performing "the best practice", imho the best
practice here (even if a bit heroic, perhaps a bit quixotic ) would be
to be there, to provide legal warning and advice BEFORE they are
arrested and AFTER they are arrested, and to be willing to create a
support network for them, for these other activists who might get into
real trouble and won't deserve to be kicked off or let down or even
"betrayed" by their own. (putting yourselves in their shoes for an
instant). I thought this could be a point in an agenda. Any volunteers?

R&A