[ssf] G8 - openness and planning thoughts...

@mparo robin_amparo at tiscali.co.uk
Fri Feb 25 02:36:55 GMT 2005

>  4. On to the streets: we should be working to make a creative,
>  wonderful
> > street event. We do not want any more godawful lines of trot-led
> > chants. Sure, they'll turn up - but can we start getting creative
> > on this? (The ESF had a 'European Creative Forum' - which, as
> > you'd expect, relegated creativity to a stage for people to watch.
> > I think we can do better than that!)

Personally i want to demonstrate inside a legal demonstration, at the
time of the event (as well as during the week before). Chants are
important, and a way to be creative.

Certain permits are required for persons to do this (to demonstrate and
sing any chants they wish). Any volunteers to follow these procedures to
the end: contact councillors, constables, etc., in Sheffield?