[ssf] M17 Derby G8 Environment Ministers Meeting 17th-18th March

Chris chris at aktivix.org
Sun Feb 27 23:02:10 GMT 2005

Hi

Did people see this?

  Details of protests for the G8 environment ministers
  March 17th-18th March Derby M17.

  This July, the G8 - the heads of state of the world's
  most powerful countries - will be meeting in Gleneagles,
  Scotland. Whilst they talk of tackling climate change,
  our government is imposing a huge new roads building
  program, and almost comprehensive airport expansions.
  Whilst they talk of relieving poverty in the global
  south, they uphold a financial system that creates
  global famine, military repression and social and
  environmental breakdown.

  In preparation G8 Environment and Development ministers
  will meet at the Breadsall Priory Hotel, near Derby,
  hosted by Margaret Beckett, UK Secretary of State for
  Environment, Food and Rural Affairs. Why should these
  people be allowed to meet without opposition? We intend
  to be there. Bring costumes, music, whistles etc and
  join us!

  http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/regions/sheffield/2005/02/306014.html

Also Sheffield Indymedia has a G8 feature up:

  http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/regions/sheffield/2005/02/305925.html

Chris

--
Aktivix -- Free Software for a Free World