[Ssf] Re: more on some thoughts by Dave T

@mparo robin_amparo at tiscali.co.uk
Wed Jan 12 20:38:31 GMT 2005

sorry, continue commneting on Dave T's commnets

 > mple is that many of us have recently met
 >
 >>> what may be described as angry young men, working class, these
 >>> men have largely, though not exclusively been angry, about what
 >>> is happening to their city: the yuppies, crime, new deal,
 >>> regeneration. Wouldn’t it be great if by addressing these issues
 >>> we get these guys involved and watch as they begin to look at the
 >>> much bigger picture: global poverty, enviromental degradation,
 >>> etc.

crime, new deal, regeneration: these are all governmental schedules,
lots of money invested in these directions during the last few years. By
the way, what happened to the Outreach community groups plan, drawn up
by Kev in September 2003? Any contacts made with all these different
community forums and associations?

Myself i have marked "Sheffield Women Against the War" and Gleadless
Valley community forum, for strategic reasons (we live in Gleadless).

But the bigger picture contains the small picture, imo, the microcosmos
reflects the macrocosmos, i mean, you can't just happily collect
blankets for the isolated elderly forgetting at the same time that by
doing so without further analysis you are just contributing to the
poverty system which has led the old to that situation, a system which
wants to persevere by imposing idcards and national data bases thus
curtailing action of all, including our community forums, our SSF and
our democracy cafe. We cannot be blind to the general environment.

Amparo