[Ssf] Re: Including...

Dave Havard deacondave at onetel.com
Sat Jan 15 08:26:49 GMT 2005

Amparo wrote:

>> Facilitator shows round agenda and then has a go round group with
>> people introducing themselves and adding any items/issues they want
>> to talk about to the agenda. Agenda revised, similar items condensed
>> etc.
>

> I particularly vote in favour of this (above)... but
> Shouldn't different persons be chosen as facilitators for each Meeting?
> This could be done by drawing lots on each meeting, so we share the
> efforts of drawing agenda, etc. as facilitators would do. Thus, real
> inclusion or inclusivity-
>
> We would share also the rewards of participating, and avoid ghettoing or
> éliting.
> Does anybody agree or has this already being proposed?
>
> Hi,

There are a lot of points being raised on this list but for now I shall
just pick up this one.  Ideally it would be wonderful for everyone to
take turns to facilitate.  However it takes certain skills to facilitate
well.  This is particularly important when the meeting gets
contentious.  More people should learn these skills but not everyone is
capable sadly.  No one comes back to badly facilitated meetings.

Peace,
D Dave