[Ssf] Re: about inviting guests and publicising ssf meetings...

Amparo amparo.gutierrez at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Jan 18 06:01:01 GMT 2005

Hello dear friends, just quick replies:

When reading a list of ssf messages, then i understand that Phil from
no2id could be invited to attend any BLue moon cafe meeting, which for
the time being may be OK, rather than postponing meeting him
indefinitely, i mean in relation to supporting the no2id campaigners,
and thus indirectly supporting the Manchester Social Forum in its civil
rights and migrants campaigns  which are being developed by our friends.

Why should any speaker find a meeting boring? They don't come to enjoy
themselves precisely i suppose.
IMHO, questions cannot be solved onlist, because many persons who don't
  participate onlist could react negatively about decisions made by
email. Indeed they have already done so before, in my brief experience
with these matters.

Then, since it is me the person who has been publicising the SSF
meetings in the last two or three months, should perhaps mention that
how could i know it would be wrong to do such a thing when i had been
told otherwise, or made to think otherwise in the context?

Now, does the SSF want to be better known or not??

See you on Thursday and anyway it was good thing to publicise this
meeting , i got the right date corrected in public and now the place is
better known as having changed from previous venue.

Amparo
(the culprit)