[Ssf] More on Burngreave...

Dan dan at aktivix.org
Tue Jan 18 21:11:35 GMT 2005

I knew there was another quote I wanted.  This one doesn't take much
figuring out.

"... many of the pre-existing programmes for neighbourhood renewal have
been designed to facilitate community ownership and control of the
regeneration process, and a fundamental premise of this approach is that
the existing community is salvageable and sustainable. In contrast,
Market Renewal strategies may need to be supported by a vision for the
sub-region that assumes that not all neighbourhoods can be preserved and
sustained."

Oh, and I've just heard (from someone who met with the housing guy - er,
David Shepherd?) that ostensibly because of dropping prices, the
redevelopment of Woodside is to be fast-tracked.  This also happens to
be the bit that they've realised has lovely views of the city, and would
go down very well with young professionals... hell, let's get some Noo
York Style apartments in there quick!

Dan

--
07968 997861
0114 2412723

The true meaning of life is to plant trees,
under whose shade you do not expect to sit.