[ssf] Make Poverty History: Rice for Dinner, event details

Chris Malins c.malins at sheffield.ac.uk
Mon Jun 13 20:02:56 BST 2005

Dear Social Forum members,

Here is a reminder about the Rice for Dinner event happening in the city
  this week in support of the Make Poverty History campaign. I'm sure
you've seen how prominent this is in the news at the moment, and we
really believe that with everyone's support, this can be a year when we
truly do Make History! Here are the details:

The G8 Justice and Internal Affairs ministers and coming to Sheffield,
and Make Poverty History wants to send them the message that there can
be no justice without Trade Justice, and no security for us in this
country, without economic security for the poorest people in the world.

We're inviting the ministers to leave their conference dinner on
Thursday 16th June, and instead join us for 'Rice for Dinner', a simple
meal that we will be serving up on Devonshire Green. And we're inviting
you to come too, to show your support for the campaign to Make Poverty
History.

Join us for food and music, there are no tickets and there will be no
charge, donations towards our costs will be welcome.

Rice for Dinner, 7.30pm, Thursday 16th June 2005. Lets Make Poverty
History in 2005. Email ricefordinner at gmail.com or call the team on 07810
650213.

Yours Sincerely,

The Rice for Dinner Team