[ssf] [sheffieldsocialforum] from [uksocialforum]

@mp amparo2yo at telefonica.net
Mon Jun 13 20:49:31 BST 2005

 The Dissent! Network has managed to secure an  amazing(and free) space
in Central Edinburgh from June  30th to July 8th thanks to the Edinburgh
University  Student Union.
We are writing to ask individuals, groups, movements and campaigns to
send us proposals for workshops, seminars, debates, meetings, practical
skill-sharing, exhibitions, films and cultural
activities.
This space is an opportunity to introduce ourselves  and our political
positions; network and strengthen our links; share our skills, discuss
our strategies and get our ideas,practices and alternatives across  to a
large public,through horizontal, open and participatory exchange. Also,
it will be a place where people can prepare for the summit as well as
debrief afterwards
Proposed themes include:
- How Do We Really 'Make Poverty History'? Challenging  Global Power
Structures
- Taking Back Control of Our Lives: Building
- Alternatives in the here and now
 - Acting for Environmental Justice
 - Migration: Freedom of Movement Against Freedom of
   Capital
Unfortunately, there's a catch: We need your proposals by Saturday the
4th of June!
Even if it's just a preliminary outline (title,short description,
estimated number of participants,contact), get in touch at
programme_collective at yahoo.co.uk
<mailto:programme_collective at yahoo.co.uk>
<mailto:programme_collective at yahoo.co.uk
The film space (open from 6 to 10 pm every day) can be booked at the
above address too (name of film,length and format are required info)
To join the programme collective, please send an email to the above address.
Please Circulate Widely!
See you in Edinburgh!
programme_collective

thankyou for leting me know