[ssf] Re: No meeting tonight?

robin_amparo at tiscali.co.uk robin_amparo at tiscali.co.uk
Thu Mar 3 17:16:56 GMT 2005

>  I'm presuming there's no meeting tonight, since none has been
>  arranged. Apologies if anyone was waiting for me to do this!
>
>  We keep on saying this, but we should have a rotating personage who's
>  job it is to book a room, announce the meeting and update the WIKI
>  (or ask someone else to update the WIKI.)
>
>  Does anyone want to take that on for the next meeting?

please consider this *BEAUTIFULLY SIMPLE* idea:
Write down a list of other ssf'ers willing to donate time
Directly assign the tasks to them and wait for confirmation eg. Jason to
book place, Adam to make announcements, Cuthbert to update wiki...
(names are fictional and just a sample).
If confirmed, the person knows what to do; if not available, next person
in the listing will be assigned same task.
This lists would be renewed, say every two months.

Also... ... think that the g8legal support team working in Scotland
reckons 3,000 pounds required (phone lines, printing legal guide and
hiring mini-buses): Sheffield might do with a quarter of this: wish i
was richer: as it is, it will be a question of donating time. What do
you readers think about this? Anybody else down there? (Asap, the other
female active population will be consulted as well:  as  the
accommodation-legal support issue has fallen on women's hands).

:-)