[ssf] Terrorism words and pictures

Dan dan at aktivix.org
Fri Mar 11 13:48:54 GMT 2005

Allo,

Just writing with a link to some excellent terrorism headfood.  Lots to
be used in getting kids in schools talking (for those of us doing that)
and good stuff for anyone else too.  If you haven't seen it, this is a
grrrreat website:

www.opendemocracy.net

which has a running debate on terrorism: starting with the latest, I'll
let you trace it back.  The wonderful conservative philosopher Roger
Scruton gives a typically daft analysis, summed up by 'terrorists are
united in their envy and hatred of our material success.'  (A variation
on 'they hate our freedom' and 'they hate oxygen' and that kind of thing.)

http://www.opendemocracy.net/debates/article-2-124-2361.jsp

Also, if you haven't seen it -

http://homepage.mac.com/leperous/PhotoAlbum1.html

(Takes a little while to download / or click on the slideshow button.)
This guy is so prolific it makes me want to slit his face.  Bastard.

I've downloaded loads of them - with some vague thought of... er, well,
actually, maybe I *won't* say on a public list!

See ya,

Dan