[ssf] protesters are not hooligans

R&A robin_amparo at tiscali.co.uk
Thu Mar 17 19:49:33 GMT 2005

Hello,

could you please read and tell me what you honestly think about a
petition for g8 to disband?
Provided only you understand that it is not expected of course to be
answered nor sent to g8, but as piece in a wider strategy towards the
awaiting media,
to educate persons in the view that protesters are not hooligans making
infernal noises without a purpose.
etc.
and please don't tell me first paragraphs taken from indymedia featured
news because i know very well about it.
:-)

cheers,
@mp

  Norther Bulletin News Service
==========

Resists G8 Sheffield "Letter to G8" – asks governments behind the G8 to
disband –
Press release- Press conference, (date, place, contact)
Press contact: Name and telephone number.

resist g8 2005 – media coverage – www.agp.org

Press Release Wednesday xxxxxxx 2005

Over 2005, the UK holds the Presidency of the G8, and over this year
will be hosting a series of ministerial meetings around the UK,
culminating in the heads of state summit in Gleneagles, Scotland, on
6-8th July Ministers from the G8 countries will gather to discuss a
range of issues from security, trade, relations with developing
countries, energy and the environment. Even domestic issues, such as
employment will be discussed. The meeting to be held in Sheffield will
be on justice and home affairs issues, including including
counter-terrorism, migration, law enforcement, legal affairs and hi-tech
crime.
Over the past several years G8 Summits have been a focus for protests
and counter summits. Following the Peoples Global Action call for a
united global day of action in 1998, the Summit protests have, however,
grown and strengthened, forcing the G8 Summits to more inaccesible
locations with ever increasing security costs. The venue for the
Ministerial meetings in Sheffield and the security implications that
will follow are not yet known.

In the words of activist Casey Vayan Todos:  "TV cameras will show
contextless images, newspapers will report the protests as isolated
aberrations, "failures of the democratic process". Those who are there
will know better, that we're reaching towards a better, more directly
democratic idea. We know that with the chains we break and the
friendships we make this summer, we will take more steps towards
building the new world that exists in all of our hearts."
A petition for the G8 to disband will be distributed for further
publication.
Press Conference – Assembly rooms, Leeds - Thursday 33rd March 12.00 noon

--

Please, never despise translators. They are the mailpersons of human
civilisation.