[ssf] To agree a specific statement of non-violence

eironeia amparo2yo at telefonica.net
Thu Mar 17 20:18:30 GMT 2005

Hi, hope some feedback is sent also in relation to ssf meeting (!)

This is just some quick feedback from yesterdays (Wednesday) meeting at
TRArms.

Apologies: Hope Valley Peace Group, Keith Richards, Chris Malins,
 > SheffJeff
 >
 > 0) Minutes of the last meeting, to agree. Agree facilitator for
 > meeting (Amp), and appoint at least one minute taker.
 >
 > 1) To agree a specific statement of non-violence. "The Sheffield G8
 > group stands in opposition to the inhuman actions carried out in our
 > names by the G8 governments. We set ourselves against the open
 > violence of war or the hidden violence of destroying civil liberties
 > and enforced poverty. We will support in any way we can, any action,
 > by any group, about and against the G8, as long as this is done in a
 > spirit of non-violence to achieve aims consistent with our
 > philosophy."

2 problems arisen. The statement of non-violence could eventually be
considered for revision, provided the last sentence is altered. As it is
worded, it was felt to exclude self-defense and looks to ambiguous.

Creative action needs creative space to talk.
)

best wishes,

@mp