[ssf] Re: filthy commies

amp@ro amparo2yo at telefonica.net
Thu Mar 31 14:26:10 BST 2005

> however I think a central part of
> becoming a less consumerist society is to see the resources around us
> not in terms of money but in terms of people, and increasing bonds
> between neighbours is a way of doing that, "maximising your local
> people based resource" etc. It reduces environmental waste as people
> can share and re-use. It reduces reliance on bought in services and
> encourages sharing of skills. The problem is that because of the mobile
> and culturally diverse society we live in there needs to be structures
> in place which encourage neighbourhood communication.

WEll, they seemed to have learnt to manage the people-based resource
philosophy in China, precisely. But then they are not culturally
diverse, or at least not so much as the West is supposed to be.

However, if all predictions were accurate then we'are doomed and have
been doomed for the last 50 years or so. Irretrievable damage. Falcons
have gained power in the US, and geriatric authorities continue to rule
in China. If the younger generations could arise there might be still
some hope for this globe, don't you think?

Sometimes one thinks that plagues are a blessing in disguise.
!!!!!""""""

News Item

The trampled corpses
Stacked in the lobby
Are all that remain of the literal-minded.

Among the missing
Are the little girl who shouted 'Fire'
And those of us who remained seated
Savouring the sheer
Theatre.

(From Shibboleth, by Michael Donaghy).

--
I hope I never think any of my passwords are so clever that I feel
compelled to tell everyone about them.