[ssf] Indymedia Film Fest Nights Out in November

Helen and Nick slendermeans1 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Nov 11 19:28:34 GMT 2005

THURSDAY 17TH NOVEMBER @ MATILDA SOCIAL CENTRE
SHEFFIELD INDYMEDIA PRESENTS
PRE-FILM FEST NIGHT OUT!

Showing a taster of the films to be shown at the
forthcoming 3 day film fest
Including a documentary on the Zapatistas,
soundsystems on world adventures, some direct action
clips, and hopefully some Sheffield G8 stuff

Films start at 8pm
matilda cafe collective will be providing some yummy
mexican food beforehand
So get yer self down for some food and curl up on a
sofa and watch some rad films!

========================
FILMS FROM THE FRONTLINE
ALT.DOC.FEST 2
24-26TH NOVEMBER
MATILDA SOCIAL CENTRE
Sheffield Indymedia's 2nd annual documentary film
festival

Thursday 24th 6-11pm: "louder than bombs" - the
radical sights and sounds of underground culture
Friday 25th 6-11pm: "resistance" - actions and reports
on anticapitalism, privatisation and the struggle
against the corporate takeover of our lives
Saturday 26th 2-6pm "forever war?" - the realities and
reactions to the so called war on terror, the real
palestine
Saturday 26th 7-11pm "direct action gives
satisfaction" - a global round up and history of
social struggles in our communities.

Full film listing coming soon at
www.sheffield.indymedia.org.uk/docfest
entry: suggested donation £3 per day.

Cafe: food will be served all through the film fest:
hot meals, snacks including pitta bread, salad and
spreads, pakora, popcorn, cakes and probably more!!!
A wide range of hot and cold drinks available too!
Matilda hacklab open for access to computers!
Check out the matilda Art 05 fringe exhibition
www.matilda.aktivix.org

=========================
>From sheffield to santiago and sydney, INDYMEDIA  is a
democratic people's news network reporting on and
supporting action for social change in our local
communities. It provides an alternative to biased
reporting of the corporate media and allows our
stories to be told as we see them - from the streets,
in our workplaces and our communities.

MATILDA SOCIAL CENTRE is a user-run space in the heart
of the city, where art, music, action and creating
alternatives collide.