[ssf] Remember Falluja...

maciacia itspossible at ntlworld.com
Mon Nov 14 21:48:08 GMT 2005

*Our feelings face to the documents made public thanks to the RAI (Italian Public TV) investigation

(http://www.rainews24.rai.it/ran24/inchiesta/body.asp), in particular though the video documentary

(http://www.rainews24.rai.it/ran24/inchiesta/video.asp, in italian,

english and arab versions) on the mass killing operated with so-called non conventional weapons in the town of Fallujah, in Iraq, are horror and dismay.

Horror because of their content, which is unmistakable, and dismay face to the deafening silence coming from all of the most importamt national and international media.

We believe that, now, i won't be possible anymore to perseverate in moving our look to somewhere else, face to this horror. Impossible, unless we decide to relinquish one further, and an ultimate one, part of our being women and men.

WE DON'T WANT TO DO THAT!

We believe that this is a document of historical significance, and that it puts all of us face to many questions (about international conventions, about rights in international wars, about treaties, protocols, international tribunals), but even before all this, it asks

to all of us, it orders us to inform all those that we can reach, in every corner of the world, about what has happened.

We won't delegate this duty to anybody else. Because nobody else will fulfil it.

Thus, we ask all those who - in universities, in industrial companies, in the sphere of politics, of social work, of humanitarian action, of the information - are in contact with people from other parts of the world - from ANYWHERE in teh world - to contribute to the diffusion of this appeal and of the documentary, also available in english amd arabic at the following web address:

 http://www.rainews24.rai.it/ran24/inchiesta/video.asp

So that war - because THIS is the war - can become a taboo