[ssf] FW: showroom special offer - 'Enemy image'

Mr Jase Malgod spodulike at freeuk.com
Thu Feb 16 17:15:48 GMT 2006

On the subject of fillums:

***SHOWROOM SPECIAL OFFER***

FREE TICKETS FOR ENEMY IMAGE : FRIDAY 17 FEB  6.30PM

We have a limited amount of FREE tickets for the Friday 17 February
screening of ENEMY IMAGE (PG) for our E-list subscribers.  Just mention this
email when you arrive at box office. Tickets will be issued on a first come
first served basis.

The director Mark Daniels will be present for a Q & A after the screening.

ENEMY IMAGE is an insightful and timely documentary tracing the way U.S
television has covered war, starting with Vietnam in the 1960s and shows how
the military has devised ever-improving means of ensuring the American
public never again has the real face of combat beamed directly into their
living rooms.  Comparing footage of Vietnam, including rarely-seen material
shot in North Vietnam, to coverage of Iraq and using extensive interviews
with veteran war correspondents and news anchors, director Mark Daniels
demonstrates how television that once revealed the truth is now increasingly
used to hide it.

ENEMY IMAGE was premiered at the Sheffield International Documentary
Festival.

Friday 17 February  6.30
ENEMY IMAGE (IMAGES ENNEMIES) PG
Dir. Mark Daniels
France 2005
1hr 32 mins
Followed by Q&A with the Director

For more details please telephone our box office on 0114 2757727 or email
info at showroom.org.uk