[ssf] Invitation to participate in the "Local Forum / Urban Space"

maciacia itspossible at ntlworld.com
Sun Mar 19 12:27:54 GMT 2006

Invitation to participate in the "Local Forum / Urban Space"
We, local social forums all over Europe and the urban list invite you to participate in our co-managed open space at the European Social Forum in Athens from the 4th to the 7th of May 2006. This space is thought to be of an inclusive and participatory character.

You can have a exhibition, informal meetings, contribute to the café or with a banner of some sort. Or just hang around with us. There will be a big wall were you can advertise for initiatives or joint campaigns, persons interested in the same specific fields or issues. Or just write your enthusiastic viewpoint of the forum so far! There will also be a information desk where someone almost anytime will be present to answer your question about the local social forums or urban spaces. Or at least try to get you in contact with the right person or organizaton.

You can be a person, an urban group, an organization, a network or a social forum which have experiences of organizing local struggles, initiatives and campaigns on global and local issues connected to your local environment.

If you want to participate and share your experiences send an e-mail to annasofiakjellen at gmail.com and please answer the following questions (we need the information to know who's participating in our open space and also for administrative reasons) :

  1.. Who are you (if you're a person) and what are you affiliated to?
  2..  What kind of group, organization, network or social forum are you? Who are participating?
  3.. How do you work?
  4.. You are contributing with? (exhibition, movie, posters i.e)
  5.. What space do you need? (m2)
  6.. What equipment do you need? (like a tv and a dvd-player, screens and so on)
  7.. Can your group, organization, network or social forum contribute financially?
  8.. Can your group, organization, network or social forum help in some other way? (like administrating the open space i.e)