[ssf] [sheffield-anti-war-coalition] I loved the words you wrote to me, but .... WAS Re: [g8-sheffield] Billy Bragg and patriotism

adam bashid adam at diamat.org.uk
Tue Feb 6 18:45:21 GMT 2007

josh wrote:

> billy bragg is a media darling the bard of barking is a class
> traitor if you go by what he was saying 20 years ago.

it doesn't make much odds what ''class'' he, or we think we are in, or
for that matter, any other label he or we choose to stick to ourselves
whether its ''nation'', ''race'', ''religion'', or
''inside-leg-measurement'' ...

the thing is, none of the these labels come with a free space-rocket, or
a 9" think lead jacket, so we're in all in the same boat really ...

i mean, have you seen this:

     Depleted Uranium, Diabetes, Cancer And You
     http://tinyurl.com/yqodsk

--
"For now human beings, engaged, as always, in the ambitions and disputes
of their particular place and time, can end the human story in all

"And it makes imaginative sense, I think, that the enchanting mysteries
of matter, of quanta, should encode an ending ( the atom itself being no
more than a set of relationships ).

  Mathematically the universe is a fluke. So is the earth, this blue
planet, and so is organic life. Though each confirmation is welcome, we
do not need the econuts of Greenpeace or *The Tao of Physics* to tell
that in our biosphere everything is to do with everything else.

  In that they are human, all human beings feel it -- the balance, the
delicacy. We have only one planet, and it is *round*." -- Thinkability :
Martin Amis