[ssf] Iceland Re: [sheffield-anti-war-coalition] Bread and circuses!

adam adam at diamat.org.uk
Thu Apr 9 13:46:21 BST 2009

Thu, 9 Apr 2009 09:04:23 +0100 john wrote:

>> john wrote:
> (obviously not original email label).
>
> Adam, no I didn't write that. Why do people say I wrote this or that when for people's consideration, I forward messages or links to webpages? No, I didn't write that and although I can agree with some of it, I don't have to agree with all of it.

i dint mean to wind you up john, nor did i think you wrote the web page
that you linked to ... lot's of folk link to stuff on the web that they
didn't write -- indeed, that's the way the web was designed to work

i'll repost your original mail in it's entirety, so there's no
misunderstanding  -- Sat,  4 Apr 2009 17:15:59 +0100 (BST) john wrote:

> http://www.strike-the-root.com/4/wasdin/wasdin10.html
>
> I cannot post the content of the above for the following reasons, so please use the link.
>
> Quote:
>       http://www.strike-the-root.com/republish.html
>       If you're a webmaster and you liked the column you just read, feel free to link to it. That's how the Web works: You link to me and I link to you. STR pays for many, if not most, of the columns that are published here. These columns are the property of STR and the author, and re-publishing them on your site without permission from both is theft. If you do so, your site will be permanently shunned; STR will never link to anything on your site, and in the future may include the name of your site on a list of sites that have stolen columns from STR.
>
> Related,
> www.youtube.com/watch?v=3L3QVn4JyYA

Thu, 9 Apr 2009 09:04:23 +0100 john wrote:

> Apparently the idea of moving people to live out on the sea is inspired of the Venus Project - look the Venus Project up in Google (or a search engine of your choice). But whether I agree that would be a good idea or not, it wasn't the reason I posted a link to 'Bread and Circuses'.

i guess not

I do however, think that people living in cities on the sea is a better
idea than having the world's population culled through wars, famine and
disease, as is happening through corporate greed at the moment.

sure, think i'll pack it in, and buy a dingy, take it down to l.a.

hey, ger, do you know any good fish recipes

-- adam

i reserve no rights restricting copying, modification or distribution
of this incidentally recorded communication

original authorship should be attributed reasonably, but only so far as
such an expectation might hold for usual practice in ordinary social
discourse to which one holds no claim of exclusive rights