[ssf] A vote for the BNP is not a protest vote it’s a vote for fascism

worldwarfree at riseup.net worldwarfree at riseup.net
Sun May 31 12:26:55 BST 2009

 The BNP is the most successful fascist/nationalistic organisation in the
United kingdom's history. How should we confront this threat?

The British national party led by its current leader Nick Griffin are the
most successful fascist group this country has ever known. As of today it
has around 50 odd county/borough/parish councillors in town halls in
places like Burnley, Stoke on trent etc. It has around 10,000 members
though only a few thousand are politically active. It also has an elected
GLA member in London Richard barnbrook, and are possibly on the verge of
winning seats in the European elections. Compare this with the old
National front of the 1970's/1980's it is easy to see why they are easily
the most successful fascist party in britain ever. The reasons for this
are varied but include:

The Tory party move to the centre of british politics especialy under Cameron

The Labour party utter contempt for the Working Class especially the white
working class.

The improvement in the BNP organisation and image

The utter complacent attitude of the media

The Left and anarchist being in utter denial

Lack of credible fascist rivals

Political climate regarding concerns over imigration, asylum seekers,
terrorism
A vote for the BNP is not a protest vote
 it’s a vote for fascism

So what should we do and not do?

Give the appaling situation that anti fascists find themselves in it would
be advisable if the left/anarchist drop the nazi stereotyping of the BNP.
The BNP is not in whole a Nazi party it is a postmodern fascist party. The
BNP have jewish people in the party for a start plus they dont wear
swastikas and jack boots regardless of what certain individuals in that
party do in private and may still think in private. Fascism is a mutating
ideology and we have to recognise that they have changed in that respect.

We need to take the BNP seriously and not keep assuming that they will
fade away and then the left will have its time, aka 1933 germany.

We also need to exploit the tensions that undoubtedly exist in the BNP
between the postmodern fascists and the rump nuckleheads who still hang on
in there.

We need to exploit the tensions between those who still believe in the
streets approach to building the BNP and those who wish to focus on
electoral methods

We need to focus on the BNP's populist and contradictory message. As it
tries to build the coalition of the white working class, the Tory middle
class and petit bourgeoisie, those contradictions will emerge even more
clearly. Like all fascists they will find it hard to reconcile policies
which please both classes.

We also need to reject any co-operation with the Searchlight magazine a
magazine with dubious links to the state. Any co-operation with them is
not in the interests of the left/anarchists in general despite its
appearance as an anti fascist magazine. The left does not require help
from the british state to defeat fascism. Indeed the state regard the left
and the right as essentially the same.

Finally opposition to fascism is not enough we need to outline a new
vision of how society should look based on decentralisation and enpowering
working class communities written of by the chattering PC middle classes
and the rotten stinking Labour party.

The BNP is growing and spreading its poisonous message. The current
tactics on how to deal with them are clearly not working. We need new
Militant ideas such as ANTIFA not picnics in the park with dolly mixtures
and fizzy pop and listening to Middle Class Wankers like pete doherty.
Some of the ideas outlined above have a better chance of suceeding than
the UAF strategy of picnics in the park. The situation is serious and
there are no easy answers to this problem but we need to do something
urgently before it is too late.

We would like to remind those supporters of Labour, the Tories and the Lib
Dems in their hasty condemnation of supporters of the BNP that THEY
themselves have little to boast about, in particular New Labour.

Let's remember that it is Labour that has taken us into TWO illegal wars,
based upon a deliberate LIE, and which has seen the deaths of 100,000 plus
Iraqis, and many of our own service men and women. They have then tried to
keep the whole sorry affair under wraps. These wars are costing us
billions every year - that's OUR money.

It was Labour that promised us a referendum on the EU; another deliberate
LIE - there was never any intention of allowing us the opportunity to
withdraw from the EU superstate which currently makes over 70% of our
laws.

It was Labour MPs that have been the most enthusiastic beneficiaries of
the allowances system, ripping off the tax payer to the tune of tens of
thousands of pounds for everything from plasma TVs to porn films.

It has been Labour that has flooded the country with immigrants, allowing
them to undercut British workers for jobs, and seemingly throwing money at
them whilst our pensioners die through lack of heating in winter. To get
us to accept this we have been force-fed the 'Political Correctness' LIE -
anyone objecting is a racist.

It is Labour that seeks, for political gain, to destroy our precious green
belt by allowing tens of thousands of houses to be built on our last
remnants of countryside.

It is Labour that seeks to poison our water with the highly toxic
fluoride. Whether this is to appease the aluminium and fertiliser
industries or whether it is to bring about our dumbing down through its
effects on the central nervous system, is at present a moot point.

And it is Labour that is in the process of turning our country into the
most surveyed police state in history through CCTV cameras on every street
corner, vehicle number plate recognition technology, compulsory ID cards,
the saving of innocent persons' DNA , and the recording of every website
visited, every phone call made, and every text message sent. Truly
frightening, yet mind boggling that anyone could vote for such criminals.

Oh yes, all of you who have voted Labour over the past twelve years have
nothing to be proud of we can assure you, whilst those who voted for the
other of the big three parties who might currently be sitting high in
their ivory towers should remember that all this has been brought in with
barely a word of opposition.

The BNP has now political influence, power or broad support. They are as
about likely to gain some as the SWP or Greens. There are bigger problems
that need attention and energy.

They're going to win seats in the European parliament, which will put them
on the Euro $$$ gravy train providing them with more opportunities to
spread their bile. Take your head out of that bucket and understand that
these fuckers are a threat for all the reasons in Simon's post, then we
can work towards defeating them.

• The BNP has avoided paying income tax and National Insurance
contributions by pretending that some staff were self-employed.

• Their 2007 party accounts failed their audit as several thousand pounds
of expenditure was not properly recorded.

The EU elections offer the BNP a gravy train of over £2 million—how much
will go to line their own pockets?

With friends like these

• The BNP has recently welcomed the support of Dr Sean Gabb, a man who
hasargued that there shouldn’t be any laws against the possession of child
porn.

• BNP members Ian Hindle and David Wells were jailed for child sex
offences in 2008.

• BNP leader Nick Griffin has strong links with David Duke, a former Ku
Klux Klan leader, as well as many other neo-nazi groups around the world.
BNP leader, Nick Griffin, cosying up with officials from Hungarian fascist
party, Jobbik. The party is strongly anti-Jewish and organises a private
army of uniformed fascists.

BNP leader, Nick Griffin, cosying up with officials from Hungarian fascist
party, Jobbik. The party is strongly anti-Jewish and organises a private
army of uniformed fascists.

All politicians are scum

We all know politicians can’t be trusted, they’re a bunch of lying
hypocrites who just want to get their greedy snouts in the trough at
Westminster and Brussels and gorge themselves at our expense. Now we’re
all being made to pay the price for the mess they and their fat-cat banker
friends have made. People are right to be angry, the system is rotten to
the core, why should we vote for any of these scum?!
But whilst support for the mainstream parties seems virtually
non-existent, one party is busy making gains—the BNP, a fascist
organisation busy ‘rebranding’ themselves, hiding their jackboots,
swastika armbands and thuggish past under suits and ties so that they can
get their snouts in the trough too.

The BNP — A party on the take

• In Barking & Dagenham, seven BNP councillors attended only 27% of
meetings—but each still pocketed the full £9,810 allowance.
• One BNP councillor in Sandwell attended no meetings at all for six
months and was booted off the council—but he still took his allowance.

And in the BNP’s own words

“What we urgently need, and must have to survive, is very much less
democracy, a very much smaller, more carefully selected and more
intelligent electorate
 Granting a vote to each and every one of the
natives of Britain was madness
 lunacy could hardly go further!”
(Internal BNP document)

For fascists like the BNP, any form of democracy is a hated interference
in their running of society. So when the BNP say they want your vote that
is exactly what they mean. Their eventual aim is to deny you any say or
representation. We fully understand why working class communities feel
abandoned by politicians. But a vote for the BNP is not a ‘protest vote’ –
it is a vote for fascism!
Edit/Delete Message