[syfaslane365] "Nonviolence for a Change" workshops

Bob Banks Bob.Banks at tribalgroup.co.uk
Wed Jan 7 14:58:08 GMT 2009

In case this is of interest - should be good -
very relevant to climate-camp-type environmental actions and movements, amongst other things ...

Do pass on to anyone else who may be interested ...

Bob

Nonviolence for a Change: Training 2009

>From January to December 2009 Turning the Tide will offer monthly workshops in nonviolent methods and practices. The workshops are aimed at people who have experience working with others on social change issues. You can participate as a member of the year-group (committing to the whole course) or as a one-day participant only coming to those workshops which interest you. Spaces are limited and prior booking essential. Applications for year-long course must be received by 12 December.

Full course £250, one-day workshop £25; concessions available. Friends House, Euston, London. Venue is wheelchair accessible.

For more details see our website http://www.turning-the-tide.org or email denised at quaker.org.uk or stevew at quaker.org.uk or call 020 7663 1061/1064.

Dates and themes of monthly workshops
10 January, Nonviolence: a dangerous idea
14 February, Playing with power 1: understanding the system
14 March, Playing with power 2: changing the system
April 18, Campaigners do it together! How we can make change
May 15, 16, 17, Is everybody happy? Tools for effective group work (year-group only, not open to one-day participants)
June 13, Don't just sit there! Exploring direct action
July 11, D-I-Y day: self-organised by group
August - no session
September 12, The living revolution: building the alternative
Oct 10, Inner and outer: spirituality and activism
Nov 13, 14, 15, We can do that! Empowerment for social change (year-group only, not open to one-day participants)
Dec 12, Celebrating nonviolence

This message has been scanned for viruses by Viatel MailControl