[un/loquer] Fwd: [New post] An inspiring DIY workshop

Fabio Barone holon.earth en gmail.com
Sab Mar 22 16:05:22 UTC 2014

@checho,

porque no organiza algo así? Creo sería muuuy bueno.... :)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: The Restart Project <donotreply en wordpress.com>
Date: 2014-03-22 6:50 GMT-05:00
Subject: [New post] An inspiring DIY workshop
To: holon.earth en gmail.com

   janetgunter posted: " Yesterday we visited the London Bike Kitchen - a
very special DIY Bike Repair Workshop in east London. We had felt a certain
kinship with this project for a long time, but had yet to visit. Opened by
Jenni Gwiazdowski in 2012, the workshop space was a n"
      New post on *The Restart Project*
<http://therestartproject.org/?author=4>  An inspiring DIY
workshop<http://therestartproject.org/repair-elsewhere/an-inspiring-diy-workshop/>
by
janetgunter <http://therestartproject.org/?author=4>

[image: LBK]<http://therestartproject.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/LBK.png>

Yesterday we visited the London Bike Kitchen <http://lbk.org.uk/> - a very
special DIY Bike Repair Workshop in east London. We had felt a certain
kinship with this project for a long time, but had yet to visit. Opened by
Jenni Gwiazdowski in 2012, the workshop space was a natural evolution from
a market stall where Jenni helped people reconnect with their bikes and
realised that there was real demand for DIY repair.

Now it is a hub of activity. On Friday afternoon we caught the drop-in
members of LBK, wearing lovely aprons, hard at work on their bikes. They
borrow tools, a bike stand, and the expertise of the mechanic on duty. The
LBK has a full weekly schedule <http://lbk.org.uk/index.php/calendar/> of
women's workshops, events for kids, and DIY repair clinics. (The LBK's WaG
nights were an inspiration to
us<http://www.meetup.com/Restarters-London/events/170477292/>
.)

The LBK mission is not to sell stuff - besides some basic tools, parts and
consumables, they are quite minimal on the merch (although we love the "Fix
Shit" t-shirts<http://lcc.org.uk/articles/safer-lorries-two-way-streets-and-sir-bradley-wiggins-honoured-in-new-look-london-cycling-awards>).
What is for "sale" is empowerment, community and resilience.

As a project that has popped up in more places than we can even count, we
absolutely love the community feel to the LBK, the regularity and stability
that a project with a stable homebase builds.

Over coming months we will be hosting a series of workshops at
Makerversity<http://makerversity.co.uk/>,
our current home. We will alternate bimonthly skill-sharing workshops for
experienced Restarter volunteers with workshops for women. We really look
forward to experimenting with the feeling of welcoming people to our
homebase. And who knows, maybe eventually our own workshop?
  *janetgunter <http://therestartproject.org/?author=4>* | March 22, 2014
at 11:50 am | URL: http://wp.me/p46QLZ-Wy

 Comment<http://therestartproject.org/repair-elsewhere/an-inspiring-diy-workshop/#respond>
   See all comments<http://therestartproject.org/repair-elsewhere/an-inspiring-diy-workshop/#comments>

no longer receive posts from The Restart Project.
Change your email settings at Manage
Subscriptions<https://subscribe.wordpress.com/?key=99aef8aa4aea7b72e204afcc21f38d98&email=holon.earth%40gmail.com>.

http://therestartproject.org/repair-elsewhere/an-inspiring-diy-workshop/