[AktiviX] Acceptable use policy for lists

max max at tofubandits.org.uk
Tue Jul 13 10:06:37 UTC 2004

Hi All

thanks to martin for introducing the new angle on the server story. i
definitely agree with what martin says (below) in principle, but would argue
for a simpler setup.

rather than selling shares and adopting a consumer or secondary co-op approach
i'd say let's just do it as riseup do - services for donations of time/dosh
(not necessarily to us, just to something 'good'). working with groups on ict
things as i do, i see a reluctance (resistance?) to even thinking about
techie things. ppl want things like email lists and wikis, but don't want to
have to contribute technically. we should be able to offer them that without
forcing their involvement. if they want to be involved and learn then they
can do - the list and aktivix events are open after all.

(just as an example, seedsforchange may well be interested in the technical
services, but apart from me, nobody will want to even think about the techie
bits. i'm already 'involved', but as myself, not as a seedsforchange member).

by getting into formal relationships with shiftingground and seedsforchange
we're creating work by setting up new structures. let's just KISS (keep it
simple)

max