[AktiviX-discuss] PROPOSAL: aktivix flyer + email address/contact details.

mp mp at fsc.cc
Thu Jul 15 14:20:13 UTC 2004

hi,

following IRC (see below) we have the following suggestions/proposal for
AktiviX contact details (to be included on flyer):

email: gathering at aktivix.org (to be set up by r7 tonight)

- this will automagically forward to:
aktivix-contact at lists.aktivix.org (to be set up by r7 tonight. The list
will have private archives (any objections?)).

That means that several people - those who are subscribed to that list -
can monitor any attempts to contact the group/collective/network. Who
wants to be subscribed? At least someone from Sheffield should be on
that list.

A phone number is also asked for - does anyone have a Sheffield no. that
they would like to volunteer?

/mp

________

<k40z> no one *volunteered* an email?
<max> no. should be someone in sheffield...
<k40z> chrisc: any ideas for an email to use for AktiviX??
<chrisc> not really
<k40z> could someone set one up and collect it
<chrisc> perhaps we should set up an aktivix-contect list for this
<k40z> like gathering at aktivix.org
<chrisc> and have private archives and than a few people could get
incomming non-public email...?
<k40z> is that the model you use for sheffield IMC?
* r7 could set up an aktivix at aktivix.org
<r7> whatever
<max>  i like gathering@, seeing as aktivix may be more than just the
gathering
<max> then gathering@ could follow whoever will be doing aktivix_III etc
<r7> yup
<max> tel nr would be good too...
<max> even tho it's a techfest, some ppl are still frightened of email
<max> i had quite a few ppl phone up last year, asking about stuff
<k40z> agree... if gathering at aktivix.org automagically forwards to
aktivix-contact at lists.aktivix.org, then more ppl can monitor it
<k40z> r7: what 'ya reckon?
<r7> seems ok to me
<k40z> can you set it up?
<k40z> otherwise we should choose another solution quickly, so we can
get flyers out in the world....
<max> a rework of last year's are waiting on my desktop...
<r7> will be able to set up ac this eve
<r7> can't do now
<r7> wld some1 like 2 suggest it 2 list pls?