[AktiviX-discuss] activix account

Dan dan at aktivix.org
Tue Oct 12 10:39:49 UTC 2004

Hi,

Charlie said:

"4. we could have backup servers located in other countries."

Not that I know anything about this, but would it be possible to build
an exchange web of mutual backing up?  Does this happen already?  i.e.
If we own a server, we're backing up x group's servers, and they're
backing up ours?  Obviously limits on space, but the mutual benefit -
even if each one only exchanges with one other - would seem huge.

(p.s. thanks must go to DARPA and the US military for inventing the
system of redundancy designed to resist attack, I understand...!)

Or does this happen already?  Me being a bit of a non-techie troll...

Dan