[AktiviX-discuss] "open cd"

NorthLondon John northlondonjohn at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Sep 29 11:11:09 UTC 2004

  Hi Ana and Activix,

(Note to Activix people: I am involved in the London hacklab as is Ana,
Note to Ana: I can give you a copy of the Open CD on Sunday at
Ramparts; I'm going to put one in the hacklab on Saturday.)

I have a higher opinion of the Open CD than Ana - this might be because
I downloaded the full, and most recent, iso, not zip files. It works
very smoothly (albeit with Internet Exploder) just from putting it into
the cd drive.

That said, it only has a handful of available software, and in any
case. there's no reason that there shouldn't be another intro to
opensource /  FLOSS Windows project. Especially since I can see quite a
lot of windows users getting introduced to FLOSS through the hacklab.

So Ana's request is seconded.

PS: Another similar project: Gnu/Win II http://gnuwin.epfl.ch/ - but I
find it rather messy.

John