[AktiviX-discuss] Trollboy again - PHP question

Amias Channer aktivix at amias.org.uk
Wed Feb 9 13:07:28 UTC 2005

On Wed, 09 Feb 2005 12:44:16 +0000
Dan <dan at aktivix.org> wrote:

> Question: just taking first steps into PHP-land, and would like to
> have a go at MySQL stuff.  Are there any cheap options for me to
> practice on?  What ISP would anyone recommend?

The cheapest and easiest option would be to run it locally on your
windows box. see. http://sourceforge.net/projects/phptriad/

Then when you feel more comfortable with it then look for online stuff.
You should just be able to copy the scripts and database over with
little to no alterations required.

> Shouldn't matter for a while since I think flatfile stuff'll be fine,
> but just wanted to have a go at it.

Its really easy and much better than flatfiles because you don't
have to worry about what happens if someone deletes the record
you are working on .

Toodle-pip
Amias