[AktiviX-discuss] Ubuntu / Evolution / IMAP

john levin john at technolalia.org
Fri Oct 7 12:21:54 UTC 2005

dan at aktivix.org wrote:
> Allo,
>
> Next daft question from Ubuntu / linux novice.
>
> Ubuntu going beautifully on me work puter - but been trying to get my mail from
> the aktivix server through the evolution mail client that comes with it.
>
> Settings should be the same as Thunderbird (on my windows machine at home) and
> I've run through the instructions at
>
> http://en.wiki.aktivix.org/AktiviX:Help:Mail
>
> Outgoing seems fine, but it won't work for getting mail from the server...
>
> Has anyone tried with evolution before? Any ideas?
>
> Could meet someone on and IRC channel if you send me a link...
>
> Cheers,
>
> Dan

Which version of Ubuntu are you using? Warty, Hoary or a Breezy preview?
Is your system up to date? (Use Synaptic from the System >
Administration menu)
The instructions on the wiki are for Kmail, so there may be subtle
differences with Evolution.
Personally, I use Thunderbird on my Ubuntu boxes, for a number of
reasons, but I don't use Evolution because I found it very buggy. That
said I haven't used it for about a year, so I presume it's improved
since then. If you're already using Thunderbird, you might want to use
Synaptic to install that and have the same program across your desktops.
(It should be on the Ubuntu CD, if you don't have net access.)

HTH

John