[AktiviX-discuss] Request for email address

Alan alan at aktivix.org
Thu Jul 19 12:08:11 UTC 2007

Hello again Aktivix peoples.

Is there any chance I could investigate the possibilities of the Topics
feature of aktivix lists? I guess that means getting a list and playing
around with it.

Would this be okay to do?

I've been talking to other techies too about this and, for the mass
mailing part, it just seems a mailing list is the thing to do. The
initial problem we would have with a straight mailing list, is that we
need to be able to send to numerous lists of people depending on their
regions and requirements. On the mailman setup of riseup we would need
to create and cross manage over 30 lists!

This is why the topic feature you mentioned is particularly of interest
to me.

Still considering the other options - would aktivix be able to host an
email address for us that has 3000 emails sent out in one go? I
understand this is something we should pay for and if you can do it, can
you let me know how much it costs so I can let the others know?

Thankyou all
Alan