[alt-media-res] Fw: [transmission-discuss] metadata standards proposal - call for consultation

zoe zoe at esemplastic.net
Wed Oct 18 00:10:18 BST 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: Minna Tarkka
To: zoe ; discuss at transmission.cc
Sent: Tuesday, October 17, 2006 8:39 PM
Subject: Re: [transmission-discuss] metadata standards proposal - call for consultation

dear transmissioners

first a big thanks to all of you who made the meeting happen and prepared both the social and analytic ground for the great work! with petri we are writing a report for our collaborators in helsinki to be presented in a discussion of collaborative media practices with adam hyde and bifo berardi on 27/10.

we will also circulate the excellent metadata proposal in our group for comments. at m-cult we have been immersed for some time in the ...onerous, stringent... world of semantic web and listened carefully to the (partly academic) discussions of its possible merits visavis soft ontologies (self-organising maps) and folksonomic camps. we think that there are ways to combine the best of these approaches in creating flexible description schemas for audiovisual content, in the real world...

more about these on the metadata list & group which i hope to join.

txxx once more!

minna