[blag-whereto] User information on the wiki

Abdur-Rahman Morgan arm at tearms.org
Fri Jan 1 18:29:27 UTC 2010

Hello All,

This month I want to update some pages on the wiki to reflect that we
will start working on the project. As any page I modify may be
considered a major edit based on the language of the "Minor edits"
section of the Help:Editing
Page(https://blag.wiki.aktivix.org/Help:Editing), which states:

"When to use this is somewhat a matter of personal preference. The rule
of thumb is that an edit of a page that consists of spelling
corrections, formatting, and minor rearranging of text should be flagged
as a "minor edit". A major edit is basically something that makes the
entry worth revisiting for somebody who wants to watch the article
rather closely. So any "real" change, even if it is a single word,
should be flagged as a "major edit"."

I first started with my user entry,
https://blag.wiki.aktivix.org/User:Tearms, to get familiar with the
using the Wiki. I thought that each individual could add an entry for
themselves that could start make working on the BLAGpedia familiar a
process for everybody. What pages are important at this time.

I thought the Main Page, needed more content about or a link about our
infrastructure and blueprint for 2010 and once we finalize where we are
then we can go from there.

Also, adding numbers to the links that are anchored from the table of
contents for consistency is a minor thing.

The size of the nested list visually seems off but this may be more of a
technical feature of the list rather than a cosmetic thing. Let me know
what you think.

Also on the main page under packages, I thought we might as well add
links to the 30000 package since it is available.

Does the trac ticket need to be there if trac is closed on slated. I
think the link is not necessary and detracts from the main page.

Next up is the RoadMap(https://blag.wiki.aktivix.org/Roadmap). I can
update this once we have a development plan

I thought the End Section should be replaced with:

BLAG120000 Series (Defiant) <--Just a suggestion

Based on Fedora 12

Expected Release Date XX/XX/XXXX

Kernel-libre 2.6.X

I saw some other pages that I wanted to change, but my original purpose
was to get your feedback about the user pages.

Thank You,

Abdur-Rahman