[Campaignforrealdemocracy] Last Night's Meeting

Anna Bragga abragga at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 12 10:38:51 BST 2009

I'm sorry that I haven't been able to attend any of your meetings yet, but I really support what you are trying to do.

I have read through all of your action points of consensus and agree with all of them. What innovative ideas... brilliant!

Anna

> Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 13:09:26 +0100
> From: dave.mellows at virgin.net
> To: james at dogmanet.org; campaignforrealdemocracy at lists.aktivix.org
> Subject: Re: [Campaignforrealdemocracy] Last Night's Meeting
>
> I am not sure we did get consensus on C) and D), but I think they are really
> important.
>
> I am going to be away for two weeks now, and am not sure I will be able to
> access emails.
>
> Dave
>

> On 10/6/09 22:42, "james holland" <james at dogmanet.org> wrote:
>

> > lots of stuff here but i just sent a rather short draft statement that i
> > think we should develop for starters?
> >

> > James Holland
> >
> > http://risingclevel.blogspot.com/
> >
> > Mark Barrett wrote:
> >> Hi everyone who was there last night (monday at RFH) and to the 4
> >> apologees. And my apologies in turn for not having finished the
> >> minutes yet. Won't be able to finish them til tomorrow eve
> >> at earliest, or Thurs AM.
> >>
> >> In lieu of that, here, I think, are the action points we more or less
> >> agreed.
> >>
> >> Pls can people comment on them in the next 24 hours?
> >>
> >> Cheers
> >> Mark
> >>

> >> *CRD Draft Action Points of Consensus*
> >>
> >> (1) To support one or more local community struggles in London, and
> >> where possible help them develop towards the self-governing 'real
> >> democracy' / local sovereignty project we've been considering, and in a
> >> way that suits them. To offer info, skills to share and connections with
> >> other local/democratic community groups in London and elsewhere
> >>
> >> (2) To suggest to each other struggles that can be supported in this way
> >> so we can begin to map, and connect ourselves up with local groups and,
> >> ideally also connect local groups to each other, in practical solidarity
> >>
> >> (3) To invite groups and individuals concerned about democratic
> >> community to form a properly constituted, initiallly as a
> >> Localists' Union, (but not limited to that - see E below), union
> >> with simple, initial basic campaign aims of:
> >>
> >> (A) building trust in the idea of community, and in a
> >> different, emancipatory way of organising society
> >>
> >> demanding and doing united actions in support of:
> >> (B) a community building in every neighbourhood to be run by those
> >> around it
> >> (C) pieces of land in and around cities to be ring fenced for new,
> >> intentional democratic communities to be created
> >>
> >> and (D) a commitment to keep relentlessly under consideration key
> >> questions about structure, eg about what kind of tax system, and other
> >> structural changes will be necessary to suport a really democratic,
> >> community based society
> >>
> >> and finally (E) recognising the struggle for real democracty is not
> >> *just *about localism, but that there are many other types of community
> >> that could and should be democratic, but local is where people actually
> [...]

MSN straight to your mobile - news, entertainment, videos and more.

http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/147991039/direct/01/