[Campaignforrealdemocracy] Fwd: [climate09-int] The People's Assembly tradition continues in Toronto

Mark Barrett marknbarrett at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 6 08:49:11 UTC 2010

 FYI a message forwarded from Climate Justice Action. Would be great to get
a movement by / for PAs taking power linked to the student campaign against
fees and cuts!

If inclusive ie General or Peoples Assemblies can get held on/at campuses,
schools with the whole range of local anti-cuts and other libertarian groups
invited to participate and that from these meetings future collective
actions for a democratic future, free emancipatory education for all,
self-management in communties, workplaces etc get organised then we are
moving forward.

A poliically representative public meeting held over the weekend at
Cambridge University which had over 200 people attending is a good example
of this.

If you are in London and interested in these ideas, come to the event this
Saturday 11th Dec at Birkbeck College www.peoplesassemblies.org

Cheers

Mark

  Hi all -

Just wanted to give folks a quick shout that we are continuing to build the
People's Assembly process here in Toronto. We held a successful Assembly
here during the G20 with over 250 participants where we talked about the
relation between climate justice and our home communities, and on December
4th we will be meeting once again as the People's Assembly on Climate
Justice. And thanks to a national call from Council of Canadians there will
be 14 People's Assemblies happening across Canada during the Cancun
negotiations.

In Toronto, we have done a fair amount of work expanding the principle of
the horizontal process in order to fill a daylong assembly. For anyone who
wants to have a look at the format we have created for our second Assembly I
have included it as an attachment.

Solidarity from Tdot,

Brett

-.-.- Climate Justice Action Network International Coordination List -.-.
POST TO LIST: climate09-int at lists.riseup.net
UNSUBSCRIBE:  send a blank email to
climate09-int-unsubscribe at lists.riseup.net
LISTKEEPERS:  climate09-int-editor at lists.riseup.net