[Campaignforrealdemocracy] Site + East London Next Wed

Mark Barrett marknbarrett at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 4 13:26:21 UTC 2011

 Some here might be interested in this meeting next week. I plan to attend
and propose the convention of a big "East London Assembly" sometime soon
after March 26th, to unite students, education and other workers, unemployed
/ precarious, local anti-cuts and community groups. Also as you'll see we
are coming on ok with www.peoplesassemblies.org but we urgently need to
expand the team of people who co-run and contribute content to the site - we
need to make it a truly common, participatory project!

To contribute, join the site via the membership page (to become a member,
editor or administrator) and we can go from there depending on what you're
up for. All content relevant to PAs welcome, including blogs about how
difficult they might be for you to set up! Key thing is that we develop a
solid support network so that all of us can share the load of building this
potential global assembly resource.

In solidarity

Mark

Wednesday 9th February
 Responding to Workfare
A meeting for voluntary sector workers and benefits claimants to develop a
shared response to government plans to make 'voluntary' work compulsory.
Speakers from: London Coalition Against Poverty, Unite (Not for Profit
Sector)
7pm, Hackney City Farm, Goldsmith's Row, E2