[Campaignforrealdemocracy] Manchester: NCIA assembly - programme for 12 May Manchester

Mark Barrett marknbarrett at googlemail.com
Fri May 6 15:17:08 UTC 2011

 From: info at independentaction.net
Subject: NCIA assembly - programme for 12 May Manchester

 *[image: Pic of NCIA folk marching on 26th March 2011]NCIA assembly:
Putting the politics back into voluntary action (**Manchester**)*
* *
Linking with anti-cuts campaigns, fighting commissioning, finding support
and solidarity... join us at our next assembly meeting.

*Thursday 12 May 2011**
1.30pm – 5pm* (gather for tea and coffee at 1.30pm, meeting starts at 2pm)
*St Thomas Centre, Ardwick Green North,* *Manchester M12 6FZ*
MultiMap <http://t.ymlp150.net/ueueakahqsaaamuyadauuqb/click.php>/ Map &
Written Directions <http://t.ymlp150.net/ueumatahqsazamuyapauuqb/click.php>

Thank you to everyone who has registered and said what you want to cover at
the meeting. It has helped us put the following programme together:

*Programme*

1. Introduction
2. Conversation to finalise topics for small group discussions
3. Small group discussions. So far these include:

   - Links with anti-cuts campaigns
   - Fighting commissioning: experiences and methods
   - Resourcing independent action: lessons from current experience and
   activities
   - The role of second tier organisations

4. Break
5. Feed back key messages from small group discussions
6. Next steps - for people to take away and for NCIA to follow up

 There are still some places left so just let us know if you want to come
along -  have a look at the attached booking form and tell what you'd like
to cover. You can also suggest issues to explore on the day. Get in touch
with Rachael or Melaina if you have any questions:

rachael at independentaction.net
melaina at independentaction.net

See our website to find out more about the NCIA assembly and what we've
talked about at previous meetings:
www.independentaction.net/about-2/the-coalition-assembly/<http://t.ymlp150.net/ueujapahqsafamuyalauuqb/click.php>

Please forward this invite to people or groups who you think might be
interested in coming along.

*Hot off the press!*
Read NCIA's two new papers about privatisation and 'big society'. You can
download them from our website here:
www.independentaction.net/2011/05/06/8514<http://t.ymlp150.net/ueubavahqsakamuyagauuqb/click.php>
They're short, to the point and were written to help NCIA activists analyse
the evidence. Let us know what you think.

If you can't make the meeting but want to keep in touch with NCIA, please
sign up to our mailing list here:
www.independentaction.net/?page_id=193<http://t.ymlp150.net/ueuharahqsaxamuyalauuqb/click.php>

National Coalition for Independent Action (NCIA) is an alliance of
individuals and organisations who believe that now, more than ever, we need
to unite in independent voluntary and community action.
 Hope to see you on 12 May.

Rachael and Melaina (NCIA co-ordinators)
www.independentaction.net<http://t.ymlp150.net/ueuwakahqsaiamuyalauuqb/click.php>
twitter: nciaction