[Cja] results of the doodle for the holland meeting, and what i think they imply

Tadzio Mueller tadziom at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 23 11:33:31 UTC 2010

hey friends,
so the way i see it, a total of 10 people (!) have said that they'll attend the meeting in holland, at least for 1 day, most for 2, some for 3 (see results here: http://www.doodle.com/avmahuguwxrtasvg?adminKey=&participantKey)
obviously, some folks from the EF-gathering might join us, as happened in bonn.
but: together with tasks that are basically not being done (and please don't take this as a bitching critique, i'm being just as shite with stuff), this means that CJA is a barely functioning network. as such, this is not surprising, since i don't recall a single network that was formed around organising actions at one summit that survived much longer beyond that original summit. then again, CJA was a bit different, and the need for such a network, i think exists (the difference being that most summit networks were largely local/national, and CJA was from the beginning very international).
but this, to me, has to be clear: we need to be very realistic about what we can do. for example, given how few people we are, can we really organise a big 'strategy conference' for next year? unless things go much better than i'm anticipating, our day of action won't be a huge success. a big conference? with only about 4 cadre doing real work around it? let's have a chat about this stuff before we plan new things that are possibly beyond our capacity to do. any maybe none of this is bad or wrong. at least in germany, we're trying to do local-capacity building and networking, so maybe the it's not really the time for international networks... i don't know.
anyway, so much for the happy news from berlin :-)
hugs