[dfs3] Nice one!

Dan Dart dan at dandart.co.uk
Sun Jul 27 10:46:50 UTC 2014

Hi,

It was a great useful day and in the end I think we nailed the format.

Graphics:
I'd love to do a tutorial or workshop on more of this, to cover more in
depth GIMP, Inkscape and Scribus

Privacy and security: I like the way it was suggested that we should have a
day to cover some of this.

Installfests: sounds good, very useful for people who need help installing
their systems

Music: as an artist I can help people install, hook up and use the JACK
server and various mixing applications to create a symphony.

Old computers: I can rescue a couple of my laptops and donate them.

Ungoogling: I've used F-Droid in the past, and alternative operating
systems, and with phones that support it, can help install the free
software only Android fork and suggest some good free applications rather
than the Android default applications.

With practical demonstrations and everyone having access to a computer,
they can follow along.

I volunteer to teach any and all of the above, and could get in contact
with community centres near Gosforth for further reach if people would like.

I'm generally available for this type of session and others on Tuesday,
Thursday and Friday evenings and on the weekends, given a week's notice. If
outside of public transport links I would need a lift.

Huzzah

Party on

Dan