[dfs3] Formalising our association to Transition Durham

mark mark at aktivix.org
Tue Sep 9 17:53:42 UTC 2014

-------------- next part --------------
The Durham Free Software Skill-Share project (dfs3 for short) is an informal collective which works towards these interconnected aims:

1] To increase local computer re-use in order to reduce the excessive consumption and waste of computers in Durham (earth care)
2] To build our community's skills and our independence to run information systems that meet our needs rather than exploiting us (people care)
3] To enable all people to enjoy the educational and communication advantages which come from having an energy-efficient networked computer in their own home, regardless of wealth (fair shares)

The principal resources we use to make these things happen are:
A] Good will from local donors of surplus equipment and services
B] Free software tools which enable flexible re-use
C] Co-operative strategies to anticipate future needs

How you can get involved:
 - Read our website https://network23.org/dfs3 for project updates