[Dissent-bristol-info] info for action flyer -alternative text

auto_gnome at riseup.net auto_gnome at riseup.net
Sun Mar 6 21:06:38 GMT 2005

Hi folks – here’s an alternative text for a flyer for the 9 April. Having
thought about Ollies I’ve tried to make this a little ‘softer’ and more
questioning (and hopefully inviting – a little less activist based).
Obviously as bare text it looks a bit boring
.

It would be 1 side of A5 size. A second side could have a list of upcoming
events/resources and more about Bristol dissent – just a case of
time/money in copying it.

If it’s acceptable we could lay it out and drop off draft versions for
people by Friday at latest. Image I’d use would be from the dissent
website of the G8 summit with the world in the vice of the G.
START:
Bristol G8 Dissent! Presents

An Information for Action day

Sat 9 April, 10.30am to 5.30pm

Malcolm X Centre, Ashley Rd, St Pauls, BS2

All welcome – free entry/donations requested

This July, the leaders of the Group of Eight (G8) most powerful countries
meet in Scotland for their annual summit. The decisions they make and
deals they cut will have a dramatic effect on not just people in Bristol,
but on the whole world. But no one elected them or asked them to act on
behalf of the world – they have no legal standing or constitution. Very
little is generally known about how they make decisions, nor why.

We think it is fair to ask: Can the G8 bring world peace by supporting
wars? End poverty when their aim is xtra profit for big business? Reverse
climate change whilst consuming ever more oil? Export democracy whilst
attacking civil liberties at home? What do you think? Want to know more?
Come along and share ideas and information!

Workshops/presentations on: African debt/poverty; Iraq war; No
borders/asylum seekers; art resistance; solidarity – acting locally &
thinking globally; our media; alternatives to capitalism day to day; the
Zapatistas in Mexico; climate change; direct action; the Clown Army.

Plus stalls, free info, cheap snacks & meal, kids-space and evening benefit

For more info contact bristol_g8workshops at riseup.net and see
http://bristol.indymedia.org/
ENDS